Monday, November 12, 2012

A trip to the zoo...

Last Friday the weather here was B-E-A-utiful! Like my perfect kind of day beautiful. I had been watching the forecast and knew it was coming so Greg and I arranged to play hooky for an afternoon of work and took our girlies to the zoo. I am so thankful we did! The zoo opens at 9:30 and closes at 4:00. We are in school past those hours. The weekend (especially during nice weather) lends itself to a crazy crowded zoo - and that is NOT fun with a double stroller! Jadyn had been begging to go to the zoo, so this seemed like the perfect time to take her again! Did I already say I am so glad we did! It was not crowded, we were able to take our time, and we got to be together as a family enjoying the lovely weather. It was a delightful start to the weekend.

I got a lot of cute pictures.... so hang on! Oh and they uploaded in random order....so deal with it :)

Jadyn and the polar bear. This is as close as she would get. The zoo is usually so crowded that I cannot give time to try to get her with the bear! :)
 Jadyn and Daddy! My little explorers. :)
 "Daddy will you carry me? I'm so tired!" How can you resist that? Of course that left me pushing the stroller which wasn't bad until we hit a hill. Then I thought I was going to die. :)
 These statues are all over Asia in the zoo. Jadyn kept posing with them. I couldn't resist.

 Here she is driving us home. Haha. I'm the tall one in the back....

Jadyn the polar bear!
 Jadyn on the merry go round. She's a pro by now but still squeals! I love it!

Jaycie's first time on the merry go round. She rode with Daddy. She seemed to like it a lot too! 

Here's my picture fail of the day. I had Jemma when we rode the merry go round and couldn't take a picture of her while holding her. So when we stopped I put her up with Jadyn. Yeah, that didn't work either. :) (Greg has a hold of her...she wasn't about to fall. It only looks like it. This was the best picture...YIKES!) She did love it though! 

Jadyn posing. Her idea. Do you think we are in trouble?!?

My sweet sweet Jaycie bug!

 Happy happy Jemma bean!

 And last but not least... the story of the day.

This is the tiger in the new tiger exhibit at the zoo. IT was pretty cool. The railing, however, is right at eye level for Jadyn. So, Greg picked her up so she could see the tiger and she started screaming "Daddy, don't throw me in. Please don't throw me in."

People turned around and stared at us (except for the dad standing beside us who was about to wet his pants.)

Like I said. It was an awesome day!

No comments:

Post a Comment