Wednesday, October 10, 2012

My baby is 4!?!?!

Jadyn Millee turned 4. I'm still kind of freaking out about it, but she is so cute about it all that I'm quickly getting over it. Anyway, I posted a few pictures from her first birthday celebration but last weekend was "birthday weekend." I'm going to probably have to do a few posts or my friends who still have dial-up (yup those people still exist...) will never get all this loaded!

About 6 months ago Jadyn was all set on a "rainbow" birthday. We were going to a color explosion. I started pinning all things rainbow and even found super cute invitations. Then, she announced that she no longer wanted a rainbow party. She wanted a strawberry shortcake party. Thankfully, I hadn't printed the invitations yet and (although I was disappointed) jumped right on board. :)

Because our house is so tiny we usually have our parties at Nana and Papa's house. Because of our crazy year I decided a small family party would be best for us (or me...whatevs) and so that's what we did!

Jadyn's birthday banner and balloons. She was so wound up. I had to practically tie her to the ground just to get this picture. Ha!

Jadyn's cake. I really didn't want to pay a lot for a cake so I made it. This was the strawberry shortcake we could find to go on top. Jadyn didn't mind, but it wasn't exactly the look I was going for.... ha ha ha.

Here she is blowing out all 4 candles!

 Showing us how old she is. Sweet thing. See her shirt? Birthday Princess. It's appropriate, don't ya think?


 Jadyn and her Nana!

Jadyn was so hyper at her party that we waited and waited and waited for the crash. It finally came - in the car on the way home. Unfortunately, she ended up sleeping just long enough to catch a second wind when we got home. Ahhhhh! It worked though because I was able to get a few pictures of us with before we put our 3 year old to bed. I don't know why but I cried and cried that she was going to bed 3 and waking up 4. I sure hope not all birthdays are this way or you better start really praying for Greg!! :)


Thankfully, she did fall asleep quickly once we got there. Whew! We decorated the house after she went to bed so she would wake up the next morning to balloons and banners.

Next up, birthday presents! :)

1 comment:

  1. oh my word- so adorable! Everything was so beautiful at the party... loved every moment! :) She is growing up too fast... but I'm so excited to get to watch it. Before we know it.. she'll be one of my youth group girls... and I'll get to talk to her about how it was when her momma was my youth mentor :) ahhhh.....

    ReplyDelete