Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Big Sister

My big girl is getting big. Not only has she grown another inch in the last 6 months, but she's also starting to really act like a kid and less of a toddler. She enjoys helping with the babies - hugs on them, wants to help feed them, and will even do some other things. She also is enjoying helping around the house. She likes to help clean up (just not her room) and help Mommy cook. Her favorite is helping with laundry. She says she can't wait until she can do it by herself! HaHa. I will have to hold that one over her!



I had an absolutely delightful weekend with her. We went Saturday morning and got pedicures at the mall. Then we did some shopping at Carters for the babies and then headed to Mardel. She got to pick lunch and she chose Pretzels from the mall! We ate in the car and I let her sit up in the front seat. She was so excited. She just talks and talks about all kinds of things. We laugh together and really have a good time.



When we got home on Saturday the babies were napping so we spent some time outside with Daddy. I can't tell you how happy my heart is when they play together. It is absolutely precious. I am so grateful for a husband who is EXCITED about having girls. He and Jadyn rough house all the time, but let me tell you he is the first person that Jadyn wants when she's scared about something. I pray often that all of my girls have a sweet relationship with their Daddy, just like I do!







Sunday afternoon Jadyn asked to go grocery shopping with me. I hesitated because it usually takes much longer when she goes and I end up with a bunch of junk we don't need, but I wanted to spend the time with her - so she came. I'm so glad I did. We talked about using the list and sticking to it. She got excited to help put things in the cart and super excited to help unload the cart at the check out line. I skipped the fruit snack aisle so we didn't have any fights! :)


I am thankful for this sweet little girl that the Lord has given me. I pray that Greg and I raise her up in a way that is pleasing to the Lord.


1 comment:

  1. absolutely beautiful... so glad you shared this. love love looooooove!

    ReplyDelete