Friday, September 7, 2012

After school "baking"

When Jadyn gets stuck in her head that we need to do something.... there is no moving on until we do it. Last week it was pancakes. She wanted pancakes for breakfast every single day and I told her no until we got to the weekend. Then I got up and made her pancakes. She wouldn't eat them.

This week it's been making cookies after school. Now, I know this probably shouldn't be that big of a deal, but after teaching all day I'm not really in the mood to run home and do some baking; but, I also want to be super mom so I figured out a compromise.

Enter fabulous idea.


 I bought the fabulous cookies that you just open the package and put them on the pan! Woo-hoo! Jadyn did it by herself and was so proud that she made cookies.

Because I feel the need for full disclosure.... you should never eat cookies of this style at our house. You are about to see why.

We work on the floor. :) All the germs bake off in the oven, right?!?


She had a fabulous way of putting them on the pan:


I may or may not have suggested she line them up a bit more. I stuck them in the oven and then 8 minutes later pulled them out for her. 

I asked her to model her finished product. She only gave me silly grins...

so I caught one of her enjoying the finished product.


And that is how this busy working mother of 3 keeps her sanity and her status of "super-mom" :)

No comments:

Post a Comment