Tuesday, December 18, 2012

A serious post

Yesterday morning I could feel God calling me out to do something different in response to the Sandy Hook shootings. Basically, I've felt panicked since it happened - almost to the point of thinking I might need to see someone about it.

Yesterday, I felt God asking me to pray for a specific family and to ask others to do the same. I looked again at the list of tiny victims and new immediately that my my heart belongs to Noah Pozner's family.

You see, Noah was a twin. He left his twin sister behind. Her name is Arielle.

Even though my twins are only 9 months old I can see the bond.

And as a mother, I can't imagine looking at one without the other. They've been together since conception.

Noah's image is burned into my mind. His sweet face. I know I don't know him or his family, but I believe I will carry him in my heart forever.

Yesterday was Noah's funeral.

Last night I wept while in our  bedroom and found myself yet again asking God why.

And He answered.

Not with an "answer," but with a verse.

my verse.

Joshua 1:9
"Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage. Be not afraid neither be thou dismayed, for the Lord they God is with thee, withersoever thou goest."

Withersoever thou goest.

I always think of that verse meaning places, but now I'm seeing it means journeys.
Journeys in life we don't understand.

Time in the NICU
Time figuring out how to pay off hospital bills
Time trying to balance money so we can buy formula x2.
Time during and absolutely horrific school shooting involving babies my nephew's age.

Withersoever thou goest.

He's here. He's with me. Always. Even when my heart is grieving for families I've never met. He's with me.

And, He's with them.

Withersoever thou goest.

And, He's with you.

Withersoever thou goest.

He's God.


No comments:

Post a Comment