Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Holding Pattern

I'm sorry I haven't given an update - there's not too much to report. I heard from the doctor last week. My blood test showed that my levels had dropped dramatically - which is great. I had to have an ultrasound anyway because of my bleeding. I didn't hear anything back about the ultrasound so I'm assuming everything was okay. This is all great - at this point it means I won't need another D&C. Yay.

The doctor also informed me that more of the pathology report is back and now pathology isn't sure if I had a molar pregnancy. This could be excellent news, but it's not definite.

So, currently I am waiting for my doctor to meet with pathology to determine if indeed I had a molar pregnancy. I'm currently still being treated as if I did, so I have another blood test today. If they decide I did not have a molar pregnancy then we would be allowed to start trying for another baby, I won't have to worry about cancer from the pregnancy, I will be released from the weekly/monthly blood draws, and basically everything will be back to normal.

So, I'm waiting. Trying not to get my hopes up.

You know what else? I'm still pretty sad. I feel like the molar pregnancy took our focus elsewhere but the fact of the matter is we still lost a baby and that is still sad.

So there is the update. I will let you know when I know! Thank you for your continued prayers and encouragement.

In the meantime, this little Jem (see what I did there?!?) has been a snuggle bunny the last few days and it's been just what I need!


No comments:

Post a Comment