Monday, September 16, 2013

I can't help it

I try not to be "that mom." You know the one who brags about their "perfect" child? I think a lot of my reservation about bragging comes from being a teacher. I see the other side of it. I hear how perfect people's children are - a lot - and I know for a fact that they aren't.

Anyway, with all that said I would like to share, or brag, about my child. Mainly because someday I hope to share with her just how very proud I am of her!

Last week Jadyn started dance class. She is in a 4 & 5 year old class. She is so very very excited to be in dance class. It is a fundamentals of ballet and tap. It is through a church so they have modest dance routines, costumes, and they end each class with a devotion. We love it.
Jadyn has 5 other girls in her class. I don't know any of them. I don't know any of their families. What I do know is that Jadyn was very well behaved in the class. One little girl kept saying "I'm 5 and I've done all this before" another little girl didn't want to hold one of the girls hands and so she licked her own hand before she reached out to hold hands (thankfully the teacher caught it in time). It was so gross. Another little girl kept running back to her parents to get a bite of chicken nuggets before she did the next dance step. I've never seen anything like it.



I tell you this because I want you to know - I'm so proud of my girl! We have high expectations of Jadyn. We demand obedience. We require that she obey quickly with a happy heart. We don't allow whining - Jadyn knows that whining is a lack of self-control and she doesn't do it in the house (or hopefully any where else). So, it's nice to see that it's paying off. Walking that road day to day, keeping up with consistencies, being a parental team, and praying for our sweet girl is paying off - right now.

It was a much needed glimpse that we are on the right track.

New Mama's out there. Hang in there. You can do it though the 2s and 3s.

To myself in another 6-10 months: Hang in there. Keep up with the expectations and remember this night. :)

I know we have a long way to go - but I will take a moment here and there.

No comments:

Post a Comment