Saturday, September 21, 2013

Did I mention...

Did I mention this school year is off to a rough start?
I have?
Okay, well I didn't want you to forget.

I do have a few things I'm working on - for me.
1. Being intentional with my kiddos. I come home exhausted every day from a crazy work day. I want to make my time count. We play on the floor, read books, snuggle, and snack. I enjoy being with the girlies. It also means my house is a mess most of the time, when I do laundry I have about 10 loads to do at a time (and FOLD - GROSS!), and I do not feel prepared for most upcoming events. I'm okay with them because I recognize the most important thing right now are my girls.



2. I am working on being aware of what's best for my oldest. These past few weeks we've had a few challenges that have made Greg and I stop to consider long term consequences of decisions we are making for Jadyn right now. Greg and I each have character flaws (shocking - I know) that we see we've passed on to Jadyn. We know that by being proactive while she is young we can help shape some of those issues. Our main goal right now is to teach her that as long as she always does her best we are proud of her. She's a bit of a perfectionist in some areas and really likes to be the best (stop snickering - it's not nice - I'm sorry okay?), so when she has an off day we want her to know it's okay - as long as she knows she gave God her best.



3. I'm learning that the Word of God is so life changing. This is one I knew, but it's so nice to see it again. Jadyn is in Awana's this year. She LOVES it. In fact, last night she asked me how many more days until Cubbies. She's on her first verse and while I know she isn't totally grasping the concepts yet - I know it's only a matter of time before she will start asking questions. We need to be ready!


I'm learning more things right now as well. Several I started to type and then deleted because I'm not quite ready to share. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment