Thursday, March 28, 2013

The Franz Family Plague - Part II

Well well well

I must be honest and tell you that the last time I wrote here about the Franz family plague I really thought we  were almost done. Little did I know.

I know I left of sharing that Jemma was running a fever. Well, I remembered shortly after that that the doctor warned us that the girls may run fevers 1 week after one of the shots they received the week before. Because the fever was otherwise "symptom-less" we chalked it up as a shot fever.

Monday and Tuesday were great days. The girls were all happy. Still snotty. Still fussier than normal, but much much happier compared to the last 10 days. Wednesday they girls were fussier again. I honestly just chalked it up to having 2 good days in a row.

Today Jaycie woke up and I knew we were in trouble. She didn't want to do anything except be held. If you know Jaycie at all you know this is not a normal thing. She ate a fairly good breakfast and then just sat on my lap. I loaded the girls up after breakfast and ran a couple errands (starbucks. duh.) and came home and put the girls down for naps. When Jaycie woke up she was burning up. Her temp was 101 at home so I called and made an appointment.


We went to doc at 1. That was interesting.I had Jemma in an umbrella stroller and Jadyn pushed her. I carried Jaycie. I must pause for a moment and brag on Jadyn. She did AWESOME. She pushed Jemma for me. She entertained Jemma in the doc office. She was a rock star big sister.
Anyway, at the docs office Jaycie's temp was 103 and she has a double ear infection.

Oy vey.

I must also take a moment here to give a big SHOUT OUT to my friend James who ran to the pharmacy and got Jaycie's prescription for me.

I got both girls down for naps.
Jemma only slept about 30 min. (I usually get 1.5 hrs/2 hrs from her).
She was burning up.


So, I kept my calm. I started crying. Got a hold of one of Greg's co-workers who sent him home (school was almost out) and I took Jemma to the docs office.

Her temp was 101. Double Ear infection.

So, all 3 girls are on amoxicillin. The babies are on a Tylenol regimen.

If you are one of my praying friends would you pray with me about a few things:
1. That we won't pass the crud around again.
2. That Jaycie and Jemma won't have diarrhea (the amoxicillin has caused issues in the past).
3. That I can get over the crud. My cough is making it difficult to sleep.
4. That Greg, who hasn't got it yet, won't get it.

Thank you.
I am so over the Franz Family Plague.
It can kindly see it's way out.
and NEVER return.



No comments:

Post a Comment