Wednesday, April 25, 2012

A quick update

I don't have any pictures. Sorry :)

We took the girls this morning to the neonatal follow up appointment. It went really well! Both girls got to get rid of the monitors! I feel like I have real babies now and not "re-chargable" ones. :) Jaycie is 7lbs 5oz, and Jemma is 7lbs 8oz. They are both right around 19 and 3/4 inches long. It's amazing how much they've changed in 6 weeks.

I really can't describe the freedom we feel to just walk around with the babies. No cords, no beeping monitors, NOTHING. It's amazing. I keep bending over to plug them in when I lay them down. I can't wait for Jadyn to get home so we can tell her that there are no more monitors. She hated those things too!

We have to keep waking them up to eat every 3 hours for another month - then we can relax and follow more of their schedule. I was really hoping we could start stretching more through the night but we will survive!

Jaycie has thrush in her mouth. We have to keep the binkies and nipples separate to hopefully keep Jemma from getting it. We have to throw most things away when we are finally past the thrush. The medicine she is supposed to get is supposed to be sweet and most babies really like it... - not ours. She spits it out. I have to keep trying different ways to get it in her mouth.

The girls are still wearing newborn size clothes and nb diapers but they are starting to fill them out. That's been another fun thing to watch - their clothes actually fit! :)

The next doctor appointment is the 2 week of May - that's our first round of shots. :( Oh well, we will survive that too!

No comments:

Post a Comment